Monday, December 17, 2012

'Tis the Season - The Gift of Courage

"Be Strong and Courageous, All Who Place Your Faith and Your Hope in Spirit..."
(Psalm 31:24 N.A.T.)

There is much to be cheered about right now, and at the same time, there is also a lot that we are collectively afraid of. I have no place to talk. There are things - big things - that are ahead of me, and while this next thing I have to do scares the hell out of me, it still needs to be done, and it is at this time as well that I daily pray that I will have courage that nothing will happen and that the fears which I have allowed to remain as the monsters which live in the closet of my mind are very real to me, the only thing left for me to do is this one thing. If it were not meant to happen, I would not be compelled to make it so.

There is a lot of fear right now in the world, and with good cause - there is also a lot of change going on, and we humans tend to bristle from things that take us away from our normal thought pattern. Our normal thought patterns will not allow us to not be afraid because that is the way that we have been taught - to be cautious, sometimes overly so, to be mindful of others, sometimes to the point of our own detriment, to be giving, sometimes to the point it hurts us on more than only one level, and to sacrifice who we are for the sake of someone else's comfort. For many years we have been very good to other people and very "other than good" to ourselves. We have taken lightly the things that marred us, that scarred us and made us hurt, and while we learned a whole lot about other people, the one person who we didn't think about all that time was ourselves.

We are so trained to be good to EVERYONE, and only now are we choosing to be choosy. I will admit to being very picky about a whole lot of things, but the one thing that I am very, very picky about is who I care to share my time with, and these days that list is getting to be very defined, very ...pure...and it is because I can no longer be in the company of people who willingly will insult my Soul by insulting my intelligence and therefor insulting me. And when that happens, there is no one's shoulders to place the weight of this burden upon other than my very own. I have spent too long already being good to people who have not been as good to me as I have been to them. It didn't take this long to figure it out. I took this long to not be scared to do something about it, to be brave in the face of uncertainty - which, if you know me well enough, then you know that I am not afraid of a lot, but that the things that I do fear I fear with a vengeance.

Fear, with a vengeance

NO ONE knows the future. While we can pretty much gauge how things might go based on what has happened in the cyclical circle called Life, there are other factors involved in overcoming fear than just the things that we know we do not like. I know that there are things that have happened that have prompted this decision, and there are words that cannot ever be unsaid and those same words are the very ones that I cannot un-hear, and I can take it all as a slam to my character (again) or I can do like my guides, through other human beings, have told me, and stop being such a pansy about things, grab up my Shield and my Sword, look at the hill I have to conquer and realize that this is the last battle, that this is the last time that I ever have to look at that mountain, weaponry at the ready, and that I only have to climb over the hill and use the proverbial sword and shield if needed.

This is the thing about fear, that while it is a needed thing and a thing that keeps us safe from the things that hurt us, it can also be addictive, can also be the very thing that cripples us even as it motivate us. We have nothing to fear, really, other than what might happen, and what might happen is irrelevant to what I know will happen - and what will happen is that for the first time in a long time, I will be able to feel my Spirit breathe again. Our lives serve us up with exactly what we need when we need it. At this time Spirit has been sending messages and messengers, all with the same message and more and more the importance level of each message becomes more and more intense, meaning that this is something that I can no longer ignore, and there are a lot of good reasons, with the most important reason being my very Self.

Be unafraid of the things that scare the hell outta you. Be courageous in the face, not only of fear, but also of the things that you do not know will happen. We have got to stop fearing what we do not know might happen, and be more encouraged to do what we know will ultimately change our own lives.

At the moment it is very much "out with the old, and in with the new, right and correct..."

...time to polish the weaponry, don't you think?...

I Love You All!
ROX

Reverend Roxanne Cottell is the Kumu Hula and Creator of the Spiritual Hula Program for Women and the Co-Founder of Na Hula O Ka Wahine 'Ui. She is a blogger, book authorchoreographer and Spiritual Adviser. If you would like information about "ROCK your NUPTIALS" Weddings or simply just to contact Roxanne for information about the Spiritual Hula Program for Women or information regarding private hula or Spiritual Guidance sessions with her feel free to send her an email.
(c) 2012 Roxanne K. Cottell. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment