Thursday, December 20, 2012

'Tis the Season - The Gift of Cleansing

Cleaning Up A Cosmic Mess

Each day we are presented with things and situations and such that test our resolve, that give us the lessons that we are not aware that we are learning, and when we are finally aware of the lesson, we are shocked by the idea that all the garbage and all the emotional stuff that just happened, to many of us, seems to have had its basis in evolving the Soul so as to ready it for its Higher Calling. We all have a Higher Calling, all have something that we are meant to do in this lifetime, and while on the Path that we each seek to travel, when we are in the midst of learning, we tend to leave a trail.

Our Emotional and Soulful Footprints

Just like it happens that people leave their garbage, their carbon footprint behind, so, too do we leave an emotional and soul footprint, and yes, those footprints have the ability to weigh heavily on our Selves if we are not careful to clean up afterward. By cleaning up our mess afterward, what I mean is that there is a lot going on at this time cosmically, Spiritually, and it is global. We are being shown who we are and when we each discovered that who we are now versus who we have seen with our minds' eyes, we really LOVED the person we saw that was in manifest. We Loved the big giant Soul, and we Loved the endlessness of the Alo'ha that was ever-present, and we Loved to look at the beauty that we are intending ourselves to Be.

But as normally humans will do, we bristled at the mess that we saw in the present, and most of us stood there staring at it as though staring at it would somehow clear it away. We realized that it is our mess, see where we have been and the evidence of the lessons we have learned are there and in our face and are represented as being the things and the ways of being and yes, the people, too, who no longer serve our grander Higher Purpose. The mess makes us ache because we hate messes. The mess makes us cry because we do not realize it that when we are doing inner work that there is a LOT of garbage that ends up being in a pile, so to speak, that when we see the pile of garbage that was once ours, we want to turn away and not look at it anymore because we see that it is filled with the pain of the past, the people who caused that pain, and most of all, the pain that we caused for ourselves in the form of missing out because we were scared of whatever it is that we thought and may still think we fear.

The hardest thing to do when working on one's self is to be able to look at the things that we have caused ourselves that have hurt us and that we allowed to continue. This is something that took me a long time to do, look at the pain that I allowed into my life, and once I faced that one thing, and even in the middle of this great big shift in consciousness that we are all going through right now, I was able to come to terms with the big, giant, fat, hairy monster in the closet and deal with it. It hurts me to have to do it this way, but not because of the person or the reason (the reason being me), but that I have a huge mess to clean up that was caused, not by my inaction but rather and only by the action taken on behalf of my own silly fears.

It was not easy to do it because I am non-confrontational these days, and am so because this is my natural state. I would not have known this if I never bothered to do something differently and NOT fight, NOT give in to the ego and all her silly crazy "oh no he DI'INT" garbage. I would have known that it was, all these years, a fight that was with myself to find out that all along, I was not all those things and ways of being that I was told I was. Yet this is not even my point with this story. My point with this story is that I chose to take action, and like when an artisan is arting it up - there is always a mess to clean up afterward. When I am creating a piece of art I am capable of making a mess that not even a large hamster can claim. In that same light, for years I created the fear that kept me locked in the closet where I hid the monster. It got bigger and uglier and messier, but none the less it was a monster of my own making, much like the messes that happen when I am in the middle of creating something of artistic magnificence.

In like manner, our lives as human souls is messy. In like manner, our lives are created by us, and in the process of creating things grand and things that will strike the heart and soul of people who are onlooking, we make a mess of ourselves. We make a mess because we rip apart all the facets of where we are now, who matters and who doesn't, what matters and what doesn't, and from the shards of what is left we create ourselves. It took me a lot of time to get here where I am, and make no mistake I had a LOT of help in the re-creation of Ms. Roxie, continue to have that help because just as the planet herself is in a constant state of evolution, so, too, are we, am I, and it, like many of my artistic creations, are a work in progress, with my own life being the biggest piece of my own creation of all!

We have gone through a whole lot lately, made a lot of choices and have found ourselves with a big fat mess to clean up. We need to clean it all up, because there are things contained in the clutter that is our collective Life, things which are singularly particular to our own personal lives that are in creation, and sometimes, when we go backward, just for a moment, we find that in the piles of garbage there are things that can be used in the creative process, and we are glad that we did not jump the gun and throw it all out without our further examination of it all. We have found ourselves disgusted at the idea of returning to the pain that made us grow and made us who we are now, and now comes the messy part of cleaning it all up, and it, like cleaning a messy house, will reveal that which we did not see and that which is still useful for us.

When the fracas came to its own slowly grinding halt this week, we find that we are not just any mess, but are indeed a beautiful mess and a creative work in progress...

All true...

I Love You All !!
ROX

Reverend Roxanne Cottell is the Kumu Hula and Creator of the Spiritual Hula Program for Women and the Co-Founder of Na Hula O Ka Wahine 'Ui. She is a blogger, book authorchoreographer and Spiritual Adviser. If you would like information about "ROCK your NUPTIALS" Weddings or simply just to contact Roxanne for information about the Spiritual Hula Program for Women or information regarding private hula or Spiritual Guidance sessions with her feel free to send her an email.
(c) 2012 Roxanne K. Cottell. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment