Monday, October 22, 2012

"When it's time to change it's time to rearrange..." ("The Brady Bunch," circa 1970's)

We are aware when changes are about to happen, or more, when change needs to happen

I write much about the things happening in the lives of the people with whom I share much of my time. Those people, on the outside, are my friends, but on the inside, are part of my own awakening in Spirit and in my own Truth. The reason I say much of them is not only because they are the very heart and soul of my very life at this time, but also because they were the change I dearly wanted to see in my own life. I wanted to have more people who are just like me in my life, and I left it up to Spirit to choose them for me, to choose how to bring them to my life, and to give to me those lessons I so badly needed and still need for my own growth. Through them I was given the chance to see my very Self and through them I was able to learn what it was and what it is to be very dearly Loved and Cherished and it is through them that I am also able to put forth my own measure of Aloha, my own Soul's measure of Love.

I knew that I needed to reach out to people, because for so very long a time I was sheltered in the idea that I would make friends and that they would go away and that that is just how life is, but I know that I lied to myself. That is not the truth - at least it is not my truth because my truth tells me that when I make friends they become my family, and when we are family we are there, permanently. And this is what I asked for - permanence.

While I know that with the few really great friendships I already had that I'd had enough in terms of having a few pals, what I longed for was the sense of community and family that was gone from my life in the manner in which my Soul so badly needed it. My Soul needed other like Souls which would not be there to parent my already over-parented inner-child, and my Soul needed other like Souls simply so that it would know for sure that there was an entire population of people who were out there seeking the same thing that I was - to be a part of something bigger than myself, to be a part of a group that would Know me before they got to know me, and most of all, to have people in my life whose motives are pure and without judgment or expectation. I had to learn how to not expect people to react or respond to me in the way I expected them to, and I had to learn to appreciate the ones who were still here, and I had to do a lot of Soul searching to find out what it was that I needed in terms of Love.

While there were a lot of potential suitors in that mix, the only thing that I sought out was the permanence that comes with knowing that I was part of a group of people who Loved me, who want the best for me, and who are also seeking their own higher truths.

And like nothing at all, we all found each other, and some of the ones who are still tantamount in importance to me are there, still, and I love them as much as I always have, which is with everything in me.

I chose to no longer be lonely, and I chose to be part of a group which needed me as much as I needed them, and the only reason that we need each other is because we are there to be a part of each others' lives, and that alone is worth all the loneliness that I went through just to get where I am now. I knew for many years that I really needed to change my own Life and that I would need company on the way there. I now share my Path with those who mean the most to me, and yes, you all know who you are !!

I Love You All!!
ROX

Reverend Roxanne Cottell is the Kumu Hula and Creator of the Spiritual Hula Program for Women and the Co-Founder of Na Hula O Ka Wahine 'Ui. She is a blogger, book authorchoreographer and Spiritual Adviser. To contact Roxanne for information about the Spiritual Hula Program for Women or information regarding private hula or Spiritual Guidance sessions with her feel free to send her an email.

(c) 2012 Roxanne K. Cottell. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment