Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Be Open To Things Happening Differently

We can plan for anything...thing is, God might have a different plan

Life is funny. We plan for it, but most of the time, it turns out differently than we had imagined, let alone planned.

It was not my plan to learn the fineries of the inner workings of the Soul, and neither was it ever my intention, when first I breathed the barely whispered intention of "Use Me, God, For Your Purpose," to not be dually self-employed in the areas of dance and writing. It was not ever my plan to be and do with my own life what it is that I have simply just become mad-cap in Love with as a person whose life and mission is centered on helping others to find their own Truths. My life was planned out by me to become the greatest choreographer whose best-selling non-fiction would hit the stores worldwide and my life was planned by me that I would have done things not in the manner, given my life circumstances throughout the almost entirety of my adulthood, as I have since I was 19. I am now 42 and it is safe to say that the life I planned is so not the life that I have created and continue to create for myself.

And this is what I have to say to anyone right now regarding what they think is happening to their lives, and make sure of it that you are aware that I am told these things about the lives of people with whom I have the beautiful chance to work with, sometimes all day long - you may plan what you want to happen in your life, but you may not plan or plan on those same things happening for those who are a part of your life just like you do not know if you will happen upon a new part of the plan that was not planned on. I hear it, read it, am privy to seeing it sometimes in the most unlikely places that even if we have a great plan and good intentions, if God needs us elsewhere, it is not our plan anymore, but God's.

At first I thought that I was being told these things...the things about peoples' lives not being what they planned on them being at this time...because the people who say these things to me the most are the ones with whom I share a lot of time, heart and Soul with. I was wrong, but not in that these people who are close to me continue to say it, but because it is the permeating "thing" that I am currently working through with a whole lot of people. The ongoing and growing sentiment that I hear from most of the people who seek my skills is that their lives were not planned out the way that their lives have thus far turned out.

Well, that is because your plans included nothing of your growing, or at least you didn't plan on growing, and your plans did not include the things that you have grown to become at this point. We can never really know what a baby is going to look like when it is born - all we can do is guess. This same thing can be said of the plans that we make, that we hope we can stick to, that we want to see to fruition, and when it is that we find ourselves, again and again in that same place we were the last time we went through the motions and we see that not a lot has changed in that one place, it is at that very moment that we should be inclined to check if those same plans made prior to right now will still fit into our lives. What we never think about is the idea that we grow, and we keep growing, and just like a child grows out of his or her shoes, we will also grow out of the ideas that the plans we made for our lives just a little while ago are SO not in line with the life that we are living now. If your life is anything like my life you will notice that everything you have asked for has come to fruition.

The faces and the tiny minute details might not be what you thought or what you saw, but there it is - the life that you planned, only better.

And you have to admit - it is a lot better than what you thought it was going to be, isn't it?

Yep...so is mine...

I don't want to tell anyone to not plan anything - that is terribly irresponsible. Without a plan we are not following our own Path, as paradoxical as that sounds, but it is the truth. Our Plans are only markers that we want and desire newer and better things in our lives and in the lives of those we love and care for the most. However, God is funny in the way that our wishes of the Soul are brought into Being.

When we Know that God is Guiding us we can also trust that nothing can go wrong. Sure, it might take a little more time, and absolutely you might not have those same players in the drama of your life, but the fact remains and you know it is true because it is the truth in my life as well as in the lives of those closest to me...
the changes, yes, were uncomfortable, but, I am so much better off and in a way better place now than I have been in a very, very long time.

And ya know what else ???

It all is Divinely Timed and Planned...so wrap your brain around that one, lose your fears and don't think about what is not the same as how you planned but instead, think about how awesome your Power really is!

Cool...right?

Riiiiiiiiight !! Haha!!

I LOVE YOU ALL !
ROX

Reverend Roxanne Cottell is the Kumu Hula and Creator of the Spiritual Hula Program for Women and the Co-Founder of Na Hula O Ka Wahine 'Ui. She is a blogger, book authorchoreographer and Spiritual Adviser. To contact Roxanne for information about the Spiritual Hula Program for Women or information regarding private hula or Spiritual Guidance sessions with her feel free to send her an email.

(c) 2012 Roxanne K. Cottell. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment