Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Honor Your Soul

Take the Time Everyday to Recognize Just Exactly How Cool You Really Are !

Talent.

It is something that I have recognized since I was a child, namely musical talent. And I should be very adept at pinpointing out the talent in others because that is part of the reason why my job is a joy for me - I am blessed in that, again, the majority and the typical client of mine is a musically talented person who has just so much on their mind that they need a little help with trying to figure out what is "theirs" and what is not.

And I am very well adept at seeing talent, seeing drive, seeing all there is in other people but when it comes to myself I am sorely under-represented by me. While it is that I am aware of my own talents and gifts, it is a rare thing that unless I am asked about it that I will talk about it, will demonstrate it, and even as I want to show people, sometimes, at least for me, the time is not right.

The time is not right because in my own Soul I feel like there are people who will judge the one thing that exposes my Soul the very most, and that one thing is Hula. I have spent my entire life dancing hula, learning hula, studying the spiritual aspects of it, but when it comes right down to it, even as I cannot say that I suffer from any kind of stage fright, that I suffer from anything like that at all, sometimes it is just hard for me to get on up in front of people anymore and dance my dance.

It should not be this way. My friend Dannie told me today that I needed to do something OTHER than the technical side of my work today, that I needed to create something and that I needed to be joyful with it because if I didn't I would be just like I was earlier today - moody and just not that fun to be around. And if you are reading this and you know me well, then you know, too, that there are two things that I try really hard NOT to be these days - moody...not that fun to be around.

Well, when you are at the end of your rope, which, a lot of us are at this time, what I specifically needed to think about was not what I was doing but more, what I was NOT doing and what I have not been doing lately is Honoring My Own Soul in the manner which it is most accustomed - dance...hula specifically, and with a wild abandon. So rather than sit here and work more on things that I did not want to do (let's face it NO ONE really wants to do the work associated with their respective "day jobs"...Soul Coaching is my All The Time Job...and the one which I Love the Most!)

So  I turn on Owana, and I sit and I listen and soon my eyes well up and the tears are flowing and I realize that the reason that I am crying is not because of anything other than the sudden realization that things in the cosmos are about to crack wide open and that right now we all need badly to stop and proverbially smell the roses which are currently in our lives. And by roses I absolutely mean that over the last four months we have all been through a whole lot, likely more than we even Know we have been, and that in that time we have seen the ugliness that is the reality of our lives and we have all elected to do away with what no longer serves us. For weeks I was heart broken because for weeks I thought that I would never teach Hula again. Yet it is not in the teaching, because I still teach hula, just not in a group setting and for a totally different reason that I started dancing for pay when I was 15. In 1985 it was because I liked making that amount of money for the short amount of time that I had to "work." Anymore now, I find that the joy in me, the very Lifeblood of my Soul is contained in that one Dance, in that one thing that I have so loved for so very long that to think of my life without it is an impossible thought because the truth is that it just will not be that way. I won't have it that way.

SO in light of these things, I elect that the next time I am asked to dance for people, I am just gonna do it because more than anything else, the thing that we all need to expose to one another is the contents of our Soul and my Soul contains all the Beauty that is my Aloha Ancestry, that is the story told with music and hands and the joy of being Me.

Do NOT insult who you are by putting off what it is that you Love to do the most. In my case what I Love to do the most is not just help other people heal from their Spiritual issues and their Soul Ailments...the thing that I so Love to do is show others that yes, this really is me...and my Dance will Prove it ...

Do not any further deny your Soul its access to the rest of the world. Don't forget to Honor Your Soul on a Daily basis.

It is the part of You that You Really Are, so Let It Be All it Truly is, because Who You Are Truly Is A Gift and the Gift of the Soul is the very Gift we not only give to the rest of the world, but most of all and most importantly, it is the most important Gift that we can Give to Our Selves !!

Aloha!!
I LOVE YOU ALL !
ROX

Reverend Roxanne Cottell is the Kumu Hula and Creator of the Spiritual Hula Program for Women and the Co-Founder of Na Hula O Ka Wahine 'Ui. She is a blogger, book authorchoreographer and Spiritual Adviser. If you would like information about "ROCK your NUPTIALS" Weddings or simply just to contact Roxanne for information about the Spiritual Hula Program for Women or information regarding private hula or Spiritual Guidance sessions with her feel free to send her an email.
(c) 2012 Roxanne K. Cottell. All Rights Reserved





No comments:

Post a Comment